Career Kete: Decide and Prepare
Decide and Prepare helps students in years 11-13 to make choices about tertiary education and work and prepare for the move from school.
Decide and Prepare develops the career management competencies students need to make career-related decisions as they transition to further learning and work.
The content is organised into the five areas:
- Understand the tertiary options
- Understand the job market
- Plan my learning pathway
- Prepare a CV
- Develop job search skills.
Teachers can use materials from earlier sections of the Career Kete if students need preparation before they begin the activities at this level.
Teachers may freely adapt the materials below for use in their school.
- Download the Decide and Prepare slides (pptx - 1.4 MB)
- Download the Decide and Prepare student worksheets PDF (pdf - 1.3 MB)
- Download the Decide and Prepare student worksheets Word (docx - 1.3 MB)
- Download the Learning and career plan template English (docx - 526 KB)
- Download the Learning and career plan template te reo Maori (docx - 527 KB)
- Download the Decide and Prepare teachers guide Word (docx - 809 KB)
- Download the Decide and Prepare teachers guide PDF (pdf - 996 KB)
Updated 15 Dec 2016