CV and cover letter templates
Templates to create your own CV and cover letter, plus examples of CVs and cover letters.
Use our templates to create your CV and cover letter. You'll need to save these to your computer.
To create a CV online and save it to your careers.govt.nz account, use our CV Builder.
Skills-focused CV for changing careers or gaps in work history
Use our skills-focused CV template if you:
- have gaps between jobs
- don't have much work history
- are returning to the workforce after a break
- are changing to a new career.
- Skills-focused CV example (Word - 27KB)
- Skills-focused CV example (PDF - 0.3MB)
- Skills-focused CV template (Word - 25KB)
- Skills-focused CV template (PDF - 0.4MB)
Get information on how to describe skills in your CV:
Skills-focused CV for school leavers
Work-focused CV for career progression
Use our work-focused CV template if you:
- want to highlight your work experience and career progression
- are changing to a similar job
- are progressing to a higher level role.
Te reo Māori CV
Find tips on writing a te reo Māori and English CV:
Some careers require a particular style of CV.
Check out the links below for information on how to create CVs for:
- academic careers
- creative careers
- engineering careers
- health careers
- legal careers
- teaching careers.
- Massey University website - Guide to CVs and cover letters (PDF - 0.8MB)
- University of Canterbury website - preparing a curriculum vitae (CV) (PDF - 0.4MB)
- University of Otago website - CV information (PDF - 0.3MB)
- University of Oxford website - CVs for creative careers
- Victoria University website - CV/Resume Preparation for Teaching (PDF - 0.7MB)
Cover letter template and example
Find out more
Updated 1 Feb 2019