Rautahi Pathway: Preparation for Initial Teacher Education (Micro-credential)
Ako Matatupu: Teach First NZ
Teacher Education: Secondary (Pre-Service)
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Candidates who do not hold an NZQF Level 7 qualification will be eligible to apply to the Teach First NZ Programme via the Rautahi Pathway if they fulfil the following criteria:
- they are currently employed in an Ako Mātātupu partner school (or potential partner school) OR they have a promise of employment in an Ako Mātātupu partner school (or potential partner school) AND some experience of a sustained period of teaching in primary or secondary schools in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- they have the full endorsement as a prospective certified teacher of their current tumuaki or prospective tumuaki/ school principal to complete both the Rautahi Pathway learning suite AND the Teach First NZ Programme
- they have significant experience in their field, closely aligned to the subject they will be employed to teach in the Ako Mātātupu partner school.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aim of this microcredential is to prepare candidates for access to postgraduate level Secondary Initial Teacher Education (ITE) through the Teach First NZ programme.
The microcredential will support candidates to:
- strengthen the evidence they have of the body of knowledge they hold at NZQF Level 5-7
(as a Teaching Council requirement for entry to the Secondary teaching profession), and;
- ensure their ability to successfully complete study at an NZQF Level 8 level, and;
- engage with concepts and theories that align with the kaupapa of the Teach First NZ
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ