ADAS Onshore ROV Pilot (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Entry to the Micro-credential requires evidence that the student:
* is at least 18 years of age at the commencement of training;
* understand written and verbal communication in English unless Non-English Language (NEL) speaking course arrangements have been made with ADAS, can understand written and verbal communication in English, and can communicate effectively in English with other persons
* Has appropriate numeracy ability- can add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions; calculate percentages; and transpose and solve simple formulas, e.g. gas laws.
Note: Both English and Numeracy will be tested through the online ADAS Literacy and Numeracy test.
* Holds at least one of the following at a basic level:
Electronic qualification or experience.
Electrical qualification or experience.
Hydraulic qualification or experience.
Mechanical qualification or experience.
Other relevant industrial experience.
* A military service qualification meets the IMCA requirement of "other relevant experience" (qualified occupational diver or other trade)
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The focus of the course is to prepare entry level ROV pilots to work in reasonably benign open water conditions undertaking various underwater tasks in support of a wide range of industries including, military, police operations, emergency service rescue response, scientific exploration, search and salvage, inspection of underwater equipment such as pipelines, surveying and dam inspections, underwater construction industry, seafood harvesting, aquaculture, archaeological investigations, underwater film production, archaeological investigations, scientific research; and natural resource management.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ