Māori Medium (Primary) Scholarships
- Te Reo Maori (Secondary or Wharekura) Scholarships
- Te Pou: Training Grant
- HRC Māori Health Research Summer Studentships
- First Foundation Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 14 June 2019
The 2019 TeachNZ Māori Medium Primary Scholarships will reopen on 6 May 2019.
Purpose of award
Māori Medium (Primary) Scholarships are for people who are either proficient or fluent in te reo Māori and who wish to work as a primary teacher in bilingual or immersion classes.
• be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or resident of at least three years
• be enrolling into, or already enrolled in, an approved Māori-medium teaching qualification
• be proficient in te reo Māori
• have leadership experience
• have support from iwi and/or Māori leaders in their community
How do students apply?
Apply online, or by post, now.
Please complete your application by 22 February 2019 for it to be considered in the second round of assessment.
If you're thinking of applying, we can also offer you some helpful advice before you complete your application. Click here to find out more.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
You will be notified of your outcome by 28 March 2019.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in April 2019.