TPT Group Business Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Tuition fees Up to the value of $5000
Closing dates for applications
Next: 23 October 2020
October each year
Length of award
One year of full-time study in the Bachelor of Business programme.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
TPT Group will provide the following scholarship to one AUT Bachelor of Business (Marketing) student annually.
Applicants must be entering their third year of the AUT Bachelor of Business, majoring in Marketing and have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement in their tertiary study.
Applicants for these scholarships must;
o Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
o Be a full-time student enrolled in the Bachelor of Business programme and majoring in Marketing
o Demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in their tertiary study up to the time of application
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
· The award of this scholarship is conditional on the recipient gaining entry to and enrolling full-time in the second or third year of the Bachelor of Business programme, majoring in Marketing.
· The successful candidate will work for four hours each week at the East Tamaki office of Advanced Security for the duration of the award.
How do students apply?
Application for this scholarship is through the online scholarship application portal and will open in mid-September.
Applicants must submit with their application a 200 word statement answering the following questions:
- Who is your role-model and why? What do you see in that person that makes them a role model?
- What is one achievement that you are most proud of today and what did you learn from it?
- Why do you think you would be successful in a business / marketing career?
Applicants short-listed for an interview must present a five minute “Sell Yourself” sales pitch to the Scholarship Selection Panel.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The decision of the scholarship selection panel is final. If the panel is of opinion that there is no applicant of sufficient merit, the scholarship will not be awarded.
The recipient will be selected by the scholarship selection panel comprising the Head of the Marketing Department or designate and TPT Group representatives.
History or background of award
TPT Group was founded in 1999 and since inception has acquired 11 businesses, has had eight successful start-up businesses, with several more underway. TPT Group is about growing a great group of businesses through smart investment, innovation and people.
· TPT Group Bachelor of Business Scholarship will be offered on a contestable basis each year.
· The scholarship covers tuition fees in the Bachelor of Business (Marketing) up to the value of $5,000
· The successful scholar will be offered employment on a part-time basis with TPT Group for one year, including holiday work as mutually agreeable under a separate employment contract.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Acting Head of Office
Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142
+64 9 921 9837
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2020.